Christ Covenant CHurch - Our 13 Goals
- Foster a winsome community through intentional measures to include gratitude, promise keeping, truthfulness, and hospitality.
- Develop “succession plans” for the Senior Pastor and each senior staff person.
- Review the Covenant Day School/Christ Covenant Church partnership to ensure long-term stability and mutuality of both ministries.
- Develop and install a comprehensive stewardship program to instill biblical principles of giving from tithing to legacy giving.
- Devise and deliberately institute a program for identifying, preparing, and enfolding younger men into church leadership.
- Inculcate into our members’ lives knowledge of both the historic Christian faith and biblical Christian ethics. (1 Timothy 4:6-10)
- Pursue ethnic diversity at Christ Covenant that reflects our changing culture.
- Focus on gender clarity and healthy marriages.
- Overcome our tendencies toward anger and a spirit of fear, and replace them with both maturity and strength of faith. (James 1:19-21)
- Learn how to respond more biblically to suffering. (James 1:2-4)
- Control the tongue: apply grace to how we speak. (Ephesians 4:29-32)
- Develop hearts for justice, mercy, and service. (Micah 6:8)
- Instill in each member of Christ Covenant a vision for outreach: producing “world-class Christians.” (Acts 1:8)
The Session of Christ Covenant Church has set forth 13 spiritual and ministry goals to pursue through 2020 and has directed the Senior Pastor and his staff to move toward these goals in a concentrated effort. The Elders are asking the members of our congregation to join with the leadership of the church in pursuing these goals in prayer, with resources, and in personal involvement, all to the glory of God and the honor of Christ.