Women’s Bible Studies (WBS) primarily focus our women on the second of our church values: firmly grounded in faith, connecting women to the Word. The purpose of WBS is for women to become kingdom disciples in the context of community who move towards spiritual maturity through the study, discussion and teaching of a book of the Bible from a covenantal perspective.
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom.” – Colossians 3:16a
Our Bible study ministry is the foundation for women’s ministries, as we understand that in His Word God has given us all that we need for “life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us” (2 Peter 1:3).
Each participant in WBS is asked to:
- study God’s Word on a weekly basis,
- pray for her sisters in Christ,
- make attendance to WBS a priority, and
- make WBS fellowships a priority.
If you have questions about any of our women's Bible studies, please contact Teresa Caldwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019/2020 Bible Studies
= childcare provided
WEEKLY BIBLE STUDIES
These studies meet once a week during the school year. Each study has a unique format, so please consider the details carefully.
SEMI-MONTHLY & MONTHLY BIBLE STUDIES
SMALL GROUP BIBLE STUDIES
Bible Study Fees
Why do we charge a fee for Bible studies at Christ Covenant? There are several reasons for this philosophical and practical dynamic:
- There are costs associated with Bible studies that are not covered by the church operating budget. The budget, determined by our Session, cannot assume the burden of these costs.
- The largest cost incurred by our Bible studies is childcare. Some of that cost is assigned to families who use the childcare benefit, but we have determined to share that cost among all Bible study participants. This is one aspect of our covenantal relationship to one another. It is one way that we fulfill the vows that we take when our little people are baptized into our church family. It is one way that we can help these moms and dads in the nurture of their children.
If the fees associated with Bible studies and/or childcare are prohibitive for your family, please do not hesitate to contact us! Contact Teresa Caldwell for details.
Childcare is available only for certain classes (see above - childcare is indicated by a yellow icon). The fee is $10 for the first child, $5 (each) for second & third child, and $0 for fourth child. This fee covers childcare for the fall semester only.