Amjad is the Pastor, Team Leader, and Chairperson for Khushkhabri Fellowship (KKF Church Plant) which is also a British Charity. Sarah serves as a counselor and is in charge of hospitality. The aims of this charity and fellowship are: to be “a family of MBBs (Muslim Background Believers in Christ)” who have found faith in Jesus Christ and are worshiping the Lord Jesus in their socially and culturally sensitive ways. They are also helping to build up MBBs into a community to present the transforming love of Christ.
They have a team of full-time staff and volunteers working with them. A number of volunteers are leading the different task groups like outreach, discipleship, fellowship, Muslim-Christian discussions, prayer groups, training leaders and etc. The primary focus is on outreach to Pakistanis and church planting work in the UK and beyond. It has been working very well and they have been doing this work for over 20 years.
“It is a wholistic approach to Pakistanis, we share the gospel in the context the social and culturally relevant ways. Here are the stages that the believers go through:
- Outreach to Pakistanis
- Discipleship of converts
- Church Planting
- Training the converts into leadership
- Networking and helping local churches in Britain to reach out to Pakistanis in the UK and beyond.
“According to the UK census 2021, there are 3.9 million Muslims and 1.5 million of those are Pakistanis. We would like to reach these in the UK and see the ripple affects of our ministry in their homeland in Pakistan.
“We plan to train fifty men & women every year in Pakistan. Our goal is to train 250 to 300 PMBBs Leaders in the next five years who will start house churches in the major cities & towns. These house fellowships will be run by leaders who are PMBBs Leaders & are able to speak the local language & dialects. So far these PMBBs do not have a place to worship because attending a church in Pakistan which is too dangerous for a believer to Christianity. Therefore, the house churches will provide the opportunity for PMBBs to receive fellowship, spiritual growth & training under cover with other believers in Christ from their own language.”
- Praise the Lord for the Pakistani PMBBs leadership training which took place April – May 2022. It was a wonderful & encouraging time of teaching & fellowship, despite the challenges we faced to get there. The PMBB leaders returned better equipped & prepared to share the gospel with their own people group. Please pray for the planning of our next PMBB training in 2023 & that God will provide the financial sponsorships once again. Also pray for our safety & for a secure training venue.
- Pray for the unstable political situation in Pakistan as they try to prevent a political & financial collapse. Our PMBB leaders will be working in such unstable, dangerous situations among the new PMBBs, seekers, relatives, & their communities. The fanatics would like nothing more than to stop people becoming Christians. Thankfully our God has already won.
- Pray for the organising committee to receive God’s wisdom & leading as we train & disciple PMBB leaders. This is such an unreached population of 230 million Pakistanis. Hundreds of secret believers are without Christian fellowship or discipleship. It would be wonderful to provide house churches for the body of Christ to gather.