Imbumi serves as the pastor for the Kibera Reformed Presbyterian Church. He is involved in teaching, equipping, outreach, administrative tasks, and organizing camps and conferences. Martha teaches the Wednesday Bible study, does administration and finance, and helps in communication. The Makukus are also the directors for Mamlaka Christian School. Additionally, Martha gives oversight for the Shunem Family Shelter and both she and Imbumi farm on the land for the school lunch feeding program in Kibera.
The vast majority of Nairobi’s people live in huge, densely populated and poorly serviced locations. The Kibera Reformed Presbyterian Church is reaching out to this underbelly of the city with the life transforming gospel and accompanying deeds of mercy so that the faith of our people may rest in Christ alone.
- Pray for continued life transforming power of the gospel in our own lives, church and community.
- Pray for a mighty work of the Holy Spirit resulting in conviction, renewal and strong growth in knowing and experiencing Jesus.
- Pray for the church and school construction that is ongoing to be done excellently and to finish on time.
- Pray for the School that the students and staff will excel spiritually and academically.
- Pray for the Shunem shelter: new kids have just joined so please pray that they will adjust well to a new and safe environment.