Dear Christ Covenant Family,
We know that many of you have greatly missed meeting together, and so have we! Our staff at church has been working hard to creatively find ways we could meet together. In this last executive order from our Governor, it does allow large gatherings outside while maintaining social distancing and adhering to CDC and state recommendations. As a result of this, we are very excited to offer a special worship event to attend morning worship outside on Sunday, May 17. The front of the “sanctuary” will between the A and B buildings, with the congregation mostly sitting in the parking lot that is directly in front of the high school. Should it rain heavily the day before, or rain is forecasted for Sunday morning, we will have a Sunday that is live-stream only with only the small tech crew inside the worship center.
We are trying to gather several hundred of us together safely all while adhering to social distancing. Since not all of us can gather together, we are having online sign-ups. If you would like to plan to attend, please sign up below.
Before you decide to come and to bring your family, here are some things to know:
- Remember that this is not like the church-wide spring picnic we’ve had in the past – each family, including children, must stay with immediate family members throughout the morning. This means you can only sit with immediate family members and not your friends.
- We will still be adhering to all the recommendations in place by the CDC and the state of North Carolina. This means that if you are in the vulnerable or at-risk category, it might not be best for you and your family to come to this in-person gathering.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, you should not attend.
- We will be adhering to social distancing and working toward families sitting six feet apart from one another.
- Keep in mind, the Governor’s executive order encourages people to wear masks while being in public.
- We will be outside located between the A and B buildings mostly sitting in the parking lot in front of the high school. We will be sitting in the full sun.
- Due to health and logistical concerns, we will not be able to celebrate the Lord’s Supper. We hope to do so as soon as we are able to conduct some sort of worship service inside.
We recommend that you if you do come:
- Bring own seating – lawn chair/ beach chair,
- Bring your bible, pen, notebook – what you would on a Sunday morning,
- Dress comfortably and with walking shoes – you will have to park and walk a little more than you might be used to for Sunday morning,
- Worship will begin at 10:45am, so we recommend you and your family arriving early to park and find a place to set up to participate in worship,
- We will be taking an offering and have a secure place for you to drop your offering in without us passing the offering like we used to.
If you have small children:
- Children must stay with and be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Children will not be allowed to play on the playground or in the butterfly garden.
- No nurseries, no playgrounds or play areas, and the mother’s nursing room will not be open.
- It can be challenging for small children to remember social distancing, so parents, if you come, your children must stay with you.
Please remember morning and evening worship will be live streamed as usual. If you do not feel comfortable gathering in a crowd of several hundred people, it’s okay! While we are all eager to worship together again, we know coming together at this moment might not be best for everyone. Our pastors and staff will continue to think of creative and safe ways we can gather together during this unprecedented time. We are looking forward to this special worship service. May God be glorified and may we be blessed as we anticipate meeting together to worship our Lord.