Dr. Michael Kruger will teach “The Worlds of Lewis and Tolkien: Christian Imagery in Narnia and Middle Earth” on Wednesday nights from 7:15pm-8:30pm in the Community Life Center (CLC) beginning October 7 and every Wednesday night through November 18. Audio recordings for each class can be found below.
About the class
For generations, the works of C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien have inspired millions of people to use their imaginations in fresh and exciting ways. Each of these authors was committed to a Christian system of thought and sought to honor God with their writings. This class will explore the writings of these two authors—particularly The Chronicles of Narnia and The Lord of the Rings—and will examine the many ways that Christ and Christianity are represented and illumined.
Signing Up & Class Information
Please sign up for each class you would like to attend in-person. If you are not able to attend in-person, each week the handout and audio recording will be posted here and on Dr. Kruger's blog.
- Wednesday, October 7 (Handout, Audio Recording)
- Wednesday, October 14 (Handout, Audio Recording)
- Wednesday, October 21 (Guest teacher Austin McCann: Handout, Audio Recording)
- Wednesday, October 28 (Handout, Audio Recording)
- Wednesday, November 4 (Handout, Audio Recording)
- Wednesday, November 11 (Guest teacher Peter Leach: Audio Recording)
- Wednesday, November 18 (Handout, Audio Recording)