About Christ Covenant Church
Christ Covenant Church has been ministering in Charlotte and around the world for more than 25 years. Founded as a mission plant of Briarwood Presbyterian Church in Birmingham, Alabama, Christ Covenant now has daughter churches of its own in this region and beyond.
We believe in the Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe that people are saved by grace alone through faith alone and we believe that the Bible is God-breathed and our only infallible rule for faith and life.
Christ Covenant Church is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America. We welcome the fellowship of all believers.
Vision of Christ Covenant
Christ Covenant Church is a reformed congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America committed to making disciples who worship God, grow in community, love others and serve the world.
Christ Covenant Church seeks to develop disciples of Jesus Christ by helping them move toward spiritual maturity.
We will enable people to encounter the living God in the context of His worshipping community and to hear the proclamation of the Gospel in its full counsel.
Grow in Community
We will encourage those who have come to saving faith to become members of Christ Covenant Church and enfold them into a class or small group in order to learn and apply God's Word to their lives.
We will equip members for deeper and more practical levels of discipleship as they learn to love Christ and others more deeply and to live out the Gospel in every arena of life.
Serve the World
We will engage members in the advance of the Kingdom of God, both near and far, by sharing the Gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit with lost persons and by reflecting the beauty and holiness of Christ to lost cultures.
Our Core Values
Characterized by Reformed Theology, the Regulative Principle of Worship, and a lifestyle of outreach.
Characterized by a God-centered worldview, a Christ-centered calling, and Spirit-filled families and relationships.
Characterized by the employment of personal and corporate spiritual disciplines that bring glory to God alone.
Characterized by a passion for the Justice of God, the Mercy of Jesus Christ, and the Truth of the Spirit.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you". - Matthew 28:19
Christ Covenant Church - Our 13 Goals
The Session of Christ Covenant Church has set forth 13 spiritual and ministry goals to pursue through 2020 and has directed the Senior Pastor and his staff to move toward these goals in a concentrated effort. The Elders are asking the members of our congregation to join with the leadership of the church in pursuing these goals in prayer, with resources, and in personal involvement, all to the glory of God and the honor of Christ.
- Foster a winsome community through intentional measures to include gratitude, promise keeping, truthfulness, and hospitality.
- Develop “succession plans” for the Senior Pastor and each senior staff person.
- Review the Covenant Day School/Christ Covenant Church partnership to ensure long-term stability and mutuality of both ministries.
- Develop and install a comprehensive stewardship program to instill biblical principles of giving from tithing to legacy giving.
- Devise and deliberately institute a program for identifying, preparing, and enfolding younger men into church leadership.
- Inculcate into our members’ lives knowledge of both the historic Christian faith and biblical Christian ethics. (1 Timothy 4:6-10)
- Pursue ethnic diversity at Christ Covenant that reflects our changing culture.
- Focus on gender clarity and healthy marriages.
- Overcome our tendencies toward anger and a spirit of fear, and replace them with both maturity and strength of faith. (James 1:19-21)
- Learn how to respond more biblically to suffering. (James 1:2-4)
- Control the tongue: apply grace to how we speak. (Ephesians 4:29-32)
- Develop hearts for justice, mercy, and service. (Micah 6:8)
- Instill in each member of Christ Covenant a vision for outreach: producing “world-class Christians.” (Acts 1:8)