Officer Candidate Training
Welcome to Officer Candidate Training! This class will be held for 8 weeks to prepare you for the office of Elder or Deacon at Christ Covenant Church. Please use the next few weeks to prayerfully consider your calling to these offices.
Below you will find the class schedule, training packet and questions, plus other reference materials.
Please complete the personal Biography, using link below, by the due date. Your wife will also need to fill out a section of the biography.
Candidates are requested not to miss more than one class. Please contact Tom Groelsema at firstname.lastname@example.org if unavoidable circumstances arise in attending one week.
2. Officer Biography (Click here) - Please email completed form to Jenny Blackmon by March 31.
3. Book of Church Order - 2021 (BCO)
4. “Biblical Church Discipline” by Daniel E. Wray
5. Officer Candidate Training Manual
6. Officer Candidate Training Manual Session Questions
Please complete session questions prior to that week’s meeting. There are no questions for Session One.
These class recordings are from the officer candidate training from Winter/Spring 2021.
- Sunday, February 28: Zoom link available from Sunday, February 27, 2022
- Sunday, March 7: Audio
- Sunday, March 21: Recording available from March 20, 2022
- Sunday, March 28: Audio; Zoom link (Passcode: LEaRx0*b)
- Sunday, April 8: Audio; Zoom link (Passcode: 0?6*SaFR )
- Sunday, April 18: Zoom link (Passcode: gK@WtE1@)
- Sunday, April 25: Audio; Zoom link (Passcode: ^Si$SP9z)
- Sunday, May 2: Audio; Zoom link (Passcode: u8c?B&0$)
- Monday, May 3: Audio; Zoom link (Passcode: tC&bYb&7)