Officer Candidate Training
Welcome to Officer Candidate Training! This class will be held for 8 weeks to prepare you for the office of Elder or Deacon at Christ Covenant Church. Please use the next few weeks to prayerfully consider your calling to these offices.
Below you will find the class schedule, training packet and questions, plus other reference materials.
Please complete the personal Biography, using link below, by the due date. Your wife will also need to fill out a section of the biography.
Candidates are requested not to miss more than one class. Please contact Tom Groelsema at firstname.lastname@example.org if unavoidable circumstances arise in attending one week.
2. Officer Biography (Click here) - Please email completed form to Jenny Blackmon by March 31. Fillable Word document.
3. Book of Church Order - 2022 (BCO)
4. “Biblical Church Discipline” by Daniel E. Wray
5. Officer Candidate Training Manual
6. Officer Candidate Training Manual Session Questions
Please complete each session’s reading and questions prior to class. No preparation needed for the first session. For convenience, fillable Word documents for the enclosed class questions are below.
These class recordings are from the officer candidate training from Winter/Spring 2023.
- Sunday, April 16: Audio
These class recordings are from the officer candidate training from Winter/Spring 2021.