The Lord calls certain men, as recorded in the Scriptures, to serve Him and His Church in leadership roles as Elders and Deacons. The primary qualification for Elders and Deacons is to be "above reproach" (I Timothy 3:2) or "blameless" (Titus 1:6). Being blameless does not indicate a sinless perfection but being characterized by moral integrity in all areas of life. Specific areas are listed in I Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9.
To be elected to the office of Elder or Deacon at Christ Covenant, the following is required:
- I attest to the basis of his assurance of salvation (I Tim. 3:9; Titus 1:9). Communing member for at least two years by election date (June 2021),
- Nomination by two members (from different families) of the congregation,
- Completion of the Officer Candidate Training Class,
- Examinations and approval by the Elders to stand for election,
- Election by congregation.
If you have prayerfully considered the criteria above and gladly nominate a candidate, have communicated your nomination to him, and he has indicated his call to the office, please submit your nomination by completing the officer nomination form by clicking here .