This is a campus update given by our Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, and Senior Director of Church Administration on Friday, May 22.
We are excited to have the opportunity to gather in-person and livestream our worship on Sunday, May 31 at 10:45am and 6:00pm. This coming Sunday, May 24, we will be live-streaming morning and evening worship and not gathering together.
Below is a message from our Senior Pastor Kevin DeYoung about gathering together. Below is information for how we can gather safely.
When to Sign Up by Pastoral Community
- Visitors and guests may sign up at any time beginning Sunday, May 24 at 12pm.
- Sunday, May 24, 12pm – Monday, May 25, 12pm | Derek Wells, Stewart Neely, Mike Miller
- Monday, May 25, 12pm – Tuesday, May 26, 12pm | Tom Groelsema, Nathan George, Zach Fulginiti
- Tuesday, May 26, 12pm – Wednesday, May 27, 12pm | Bob Goudzwaard, Bruce Creswell, Dave Baxter
- Wednesday, May 27, 12pm – until we reach max capacity | open to all
How to Sign Up
- The worship center will hold 400 maximum safely with social distancing. We got to the number 400 maximum by using safe social distancing calculations based on recommendations from the CDC and the state of North Carolina.
- The Community Life Center (CLC) will hold 100 people maximum with safe social distancing. The service will be simulcasted onto the three large screens in CLC 1-6. We got to the number 100 maximum by using safe social distancing calculations based on recommendations from the CDC and the state of North Carolina.
- We will not have communion, but the pastors and staff are thinking through a safe way to do this in the near future.
- The choir and majority of the orchestra are temporarily suspended as a safety measure.
For Families with Small Children
- There will not be any childcare available.
- All nursery rooms in the worship center are closed with the exception of the mother’s nursing room. Moms may use the nursing room for diaper changes and other new mom needs.
- Diaper changing stations are located in the CLC women’s bathroom and family bathroom, worship center’s women’s bathroom in the north lobby and nursing mothers’ room.
- If you attend the morning worship service, you are welcome to return for the evening worship service.
- No sign ups are needed for the evening worship.
- Evening worship will be live-streamed and those gathering will only be in the worship center. Evening worship will not be simulcasted in the CLC.
- We will be adhering to all the recommendations in place by the CDC and the state of North Carolina. This means that if you are in the vulnerable or at-risk category, it might be best for you and your family to worship remotely with us.
- We will follow all safety regulations given by our state to be responsible and to love our neighbor well.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, you should worship remotely with us.
- We will be adhering to social distancing with families sitting six feet apart from one another inside the worship center and CLC. In the worship center, we will use the floor, balcony and side panel seating to properly social distance.
- Please keep in mind, the Governor’s three W’s: wear a mask, wait six feet apart, and wash your hands with soap frequently for 20 seconds.
- We strongly encourage you to wear a mask. We will have a small supply of masks available if you leave yours at home or do not have one.
- We will not pass the offering plate, but we will have offering boxes at various stations in both the worship center and CLC.
- All pew Bibles, hymnals, pens and pew cards will be removed from the worship center.
- The book nook will be closed.
- The information desk will not have pamphlets or papers available.
- We will not have worship bulletins available, but you may print one from home and bring it.
- Before you come and after morning and evening worship, every space that was used will be thoroughly cleaned.