The pastors of Christ Covenant, understanding that life in a fallen world is often painfully difficult, desire to serve our congregation in meaningful and redemptive ways during times of distress and calamity to accomplish that, we have put a number of ministries and resources in place that we hope will be helpful.
Our Pastoral Care ministries enable us to come alongside you based on your particular need or challenge. Click on the links below to find out more about these ministries:
Illness and Tragedy
- Hospital and Follow-up Care – Pastors and volunteers visit those in the hospital.
- Shut-in Visitation – Our pastors and volunteers strive to visit and encourage our members who are homebound.
- Kendal Ministry – We have care teams that offer help and encouragement on a continuing basis.
- Caleb Ministries – This ministry offers help to women and families who have lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, early-infant death, or women who struggle with infertility or who are post-abortive. For more information, go to calebministries.org.
Other Pastoral Care Ministries
- Pastoral Counseling – Our pastors consider it a privilege to counsel with members who are struggling in life, to assist them in understanding God’s promises, purposes, and provision in such times as well as pointing them toward sources of assistance.
- Clinical Counseling Ministry – In addition to our pastoral counseling commitments, we also have access to competent clinical counseling resources. Contact Patti McMillan at 704-708-6111.
- Shepherdess Ministry – Trained, mature, godly women called “Shepherdesses” are available for assignments as advocates to women in various forms of distress. Shepherdesses work with the pastors, elders, and deacons in serving the women of Christ Covenant.
- Marriage Ministry – We provide premarital counseling as well as marriage enrichment electives and mentoring. Our pastors and trained lay members also provide help to troubled marriages.
- Divorce Recovery – We offer support groups for those moving through separation and divorce, both adult groups and children's groups.
- Job Transition Ministry – Our elders and pastors are available to talk with members who are unemployed and those who anticipate a job change.
- Set Free Ministry – This ministry offers confidential assistance for those struggling with sexual brokenness.
- Grief Support – In addition to stepping in to serve our families during and just after a funeral, we offer a weekly GriefShare support group along with bereavement teams to relieve a family from pressing concerns for a time after the funeral.
- Counseling Pamphlets – The pastors have provided very helpful pamphlets offering excellent biblical perspective and practical advice on a host of issues such as marriage, singleness, parenting, and psychological problems to mention just a few. Visit the Information Desk in the main lobby of the worship center to peruse the large inventory of pamphlets.
- Widows and Single Moms – Our deacons are assigned to provide ongoing follow-up to those widows and single mothers in the congregation who need assistance with physical/material needs.
- Prayer Ministry – Christ Covenant is committed to praying for the pressing needs of our members as we learn of those needs. You may put prayer requests into the weekly offering or submit your request through our website. Those requests will be prayed over by the staff and church officers in the next days as well as during our monthly day of prayer. At the request of members who have a serious illness, the pastors and elders will also convene and, following James 5:13-18, anoint and pray for the member and family with the illness. You may request prayer and anointing by speaking with any elder or pastor.
- Caregivers - Are you caring for a parent, spouse or child?
Have you been caring for a long time or just beginning your journey? We have a support group just for caregivers. We'd love for you to join us.
- His Abilities Ministry – This ministry serves families with special needs, including cognitive and physical disabilities.