The Christ Covenant Men’s Ministry exists to build up men in the truth of God’s Word so that they would be servant-leaders in their marriages, homes, neighborhoods, and workplaces. The ministry provides resources, multi-generational events, and intentional mentoring so that men may apply the truth of God’s Word resulting in intentional disciple-making and masculine character development.
“Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.” – 1 Corinthians 16:13-14
Men’s Intensive Discipleship Program
Thursdays from October 18 to November 8
7-8:30 PM in the Community Life Center chapel
What is a Presbyterian? Why do Presbyterians “do church” the way we do, and what are the emphases that shape or define us? On occasion, it’s important to go back to the fundamental things and consider them from a new angle. In this final quarter for the 2018 Men’s Intensive Discipleship Program, we will go back to the basics and consider the practice of our Presbyterian identity, including implications for our discipleship that many of us may not have previously considered.
Beginning Thursday, October 18, from 7-8:30 PM in the CLC Chapel, Pastor Brian Peterson will do a four-part series, focusing on the practice of our Presbyterian identity.
Following our meetings, we augment the study with fellowship at a local eatery.
All men are welcome. There is no fee for this study, but if you plan to attend, please RSVP to Jennifer Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-708-6104).
Ministry to Men (MtM) Fellowship Breakfast
- When: Saturday, October 27, 7-8:30 AM
- Where: Stacks Kitchen, 11100 Monroe Rd. Matthews
- Topic: Marriage - trials, blessings, and prayer during military service
- Speaker: Rob Fitch- army officer with three tours in Afghanistan
Our breakfast is a follow-up to the movie Indivisible on October 26. Come eat and fellowship with your brothers in Christ.
There is no cost to register, but the event is limited to the first 40 men to sign up online. You will pay for your own breakfast at the restaurant.
Ministry to Men – “Game On” Outing
- When: Saturday, November 3, 9:45 AM -1:00 PM (Archery tag is 10:00-12:00)
- Where: Camp Canaan Island (3111 Sandy Island Rd., Rock Hill, SC) (35 minutes from CCC)
- Who: Men (16 years and up)
- Event: Great BBQ, fellowship, and games (archery tag, disk golf, baseball, football, soccer, hiking, and fishing). You may also bring your own sports equipment for open play. If you plan to fish, please bring your own fishing equipment and your license.
- Cost: $25 per person (includes food & activities).
Contact Jenn Dean (email@example.com) for more information.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, OCTOBER 29.
Men's Small Groups
Men’s Groups are discipleship groups for men and are designed to help create a Gospel community in which the message of the Gospel transforms our lives in such a way that participants become mature disciples who are able to make disciples. These groups meet at various times and places through the week.
Please contact Pastor Brian Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Men's Ministry or connecting to a men’s small group Bible study.