Our Grief Support Ministry is an extension of what our pastors, elders, deacons, staff and homebound/visitation ministry are already doing to support our members. This ministry will step in to serve after the funeral and the days, week, and years following the loss of your loved one. We will help you work through such things as loneliness, practical adjustments and needs, and, if needed, connections to other ministries or people within our church body.
GriefShare Support Groups
GriefShare is a program with direction and purpose. With GriefShare you will learn how to walk the journey of grief and be supported on the way. It is a place where grieving people find healing and hope. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of a family member or friend.
This program offers support and encouragement for your grief journey.
GriefShare is a thirteen-week program which meets weekly to help you face the challenges you experience after the loss of a loved one, and help you move toward rebuilding your life.
GriefShare Support Groups use the GriefShare curriculum Your Journey from Mourning to Joy curriculum written by David and Nancy Guthrie and produced by Church Initiative.
Each GriefShare session has three distinct elements that work together to help you recover from deep hurt and loss.
- Video seminar with expert - You’ll learn helpful, practical information that will help you recover from the pain of grief and loss.
- Support group discussion with focus - While you have the opportunity to tell your story, there’s never pressure for you to do so if you don’t feel like it.
- Personal study and reflection - The workbook provides opportunity for further study about the grief process and personal reflection about your grief.
Our Grief Support Groups meet for 13 weeks, and we offer them at least twice a year. The cost for the book is $15, which you can purchase at the first session. If you have questions, need a confidential scholarship, or wish to register for the next session, please contact Mary Jo Culver at 704-814-1039 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and how to get connected, read the Grief Support Ministry pamphlet here.
More information about GriefShare is available at griefshare.org.
2017 GriefShare sessions:
- February 13 - May 22, 2017
- September 11 - December 18, 2017
- GriefShare: Surviving the Holidays Seminar - November 7, 2017