Valuable service for God does not end when a person retires. The psalmist declares, that even in old age they still bear fruit. The senior adults at Christ Covenant are committed to “reinvesting” their time, wisdom, experience, energy, talents and gifts in our younger generations cheering them on and assisting them in running the race set before them. They see growing old not as a right but a privilege allowed by God to serve a little longer in the service of their family and of their God.
“even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.” – Isaiah 46:4
The seniors ministry offers two Sunday school classes. Click here for current studies in each class.
Young Seniors - This is a community where folks of all stages and walks of life can relate to each other. The pastor for this community is Bernie Lawrence.
Senior Adults - The senior community is very active at Christ Covenant, enjoying our golden years with a zeal for serving our Lord. The pastor for this community is Bruce Creswell.
- Senior Adults Monthly Luncheon - 1st Friday of the month at noon in the Community Life Center (CLC), rooms 1 & 2. See the side calendar for dates. (NOTE: Next month the monthly luncheon is on November 9 from noon-1:30 pm — not our normal date, so please mark your calendar!)
- Senior Ladies’ Luncheon - 2nd Friday of the month at 11:30 am.
- Senior Men’s Luncheon - 3rd Friday of the month at 11:30 am.
- The Joy Singers meet every Monday from 1:30-2:30 pm in WC105. We prepare music for Sunday night services and to bless residents at nursing homes. We are blessed to have our organist, Pam Eash, as our director. Come and join us as we lift up our voices in praise to the Lord.
Monthly Event Information
- Ladies Luncheon | Friday, October 12 at 11:30 am
The ladies in our class will meet at Trio's Restaurant at 10709 McMullen Creek Parkway (off Hwy. 51) for a delicious lunch and sweet fellowship. Remember: we will celebrate the ladies with birthdays in October! See you there! (NOTE: Next month we will be meeting at Trio's on Thursday, November 8, at noon — not our normal time or date, so please mark your calendar!)
- Men's Lunch | Friday, October 19 at 11:30 AM
The men meet for lunch every third Friday of the month at Park Place Restaurant, 10517 Park Road, Charlotte. Come join your Christian brothers for a time of fellowship and lunch.
Special Events - October
- First Friday Gathering in OCTOBER | Friday, October 5 at 5 PM
Our October social will feature a low country boil and burger bar in CLC , rooms 1 & 2, we kick off a new year of Senior Adult ministry! The low country boil will include shrimp, potatoes, corn, and sausage, as well as salad. There will also be a non-seafood option of hamburgers/cheeseburgers along with potatoes, corn, and salad for those who do not eat shrimp. A dessert bar with coffee is also included. The food will be delicious with sweet fellowship and tea! The cost is $10.00 per person.After the meal, there will be bocce ball and corn hole out on the lawn and seating on the porch to cheer our friends on. The food will be delicious with sweet fellowship and tea! If you haven't yet signed up, please contact Jennifer Dean at email@example.com. Note that there will be no normal First Friday Luncheon in October as it would be the same day.
- Senior Adult Fall Retreat | Tuesday, October 30 - Friday, November 2
Join us for our annual fall retreat, to be held at Bonclarken Retreat Center (500 Pine Dr., Flat Rock, NC 28731) with guest speaker Bruce Fiol. The cost ($225 per person) includes three breakfasts, three dinners, and three nights' lodging. Lucille and Dave Ruths will be collecting payment for the trip. The first payment ($100) was due by July 29 and is non-refundable. The second payment ($125) is due by September 30 and will be refundable up to October 7. After that date, no refund will be given. Please make checks payable to Christ Covenant Church.
See below to read the most recent issues of our Senior Adults newsletter, "Between Seedtime and Harvest," with more details on the special events.