Valuable service for God does not end when a person retires. The psalmist declares, that even in old age they still bear fruit. The senior adults at Christ Covenant are committed to “reinvesting” their time, wisdom, experience, energy, talents and gifts in our younger generations cheering them on and assisting them in running the race set before them. They see growing old not as a right but a privilege allowed by God to serve a little longer in the service of their family and of their God.
“even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.” – Isaiah 46:4
The seniors ministry offers two Sunday school classes. Click here for current studies in each class.
Young Seniors - This is a community where folks of all stages and walks of life can relate to each other. The pastor for this community is Bernie Lawrence.
Senior Adults - The senior community is very active at Christ Covenant, enjoying our golden years with a zeal for serving our Lord. The pastor for this community is Bruce Creswell.
- Senior Adults Monthly Luncheon - 1st Friday of the month at noon in the Community Life Center (CLC), rooms 1 & 2. See the side calendar for dates. *Meeting SECOND FRIDAY in January
- Senior Ladies’ Luncheon - 2nd Friday of the month at 11:30 AM *Meeting FIRST FRIDAY in January
- Senior Men’s Luncheon - 3rd Friday of the month at 11:30 AM
- The Joy Singers meet every Monday from 1:30-2:30 PM in WC105. We prepare music for Sunday night services and to bless residents at nursing homes. We are blessed to have our organist, Pam Eash, as our director. Come and join us as we lift up our voices in praise to the Lord.
Monthly Event Information
- Ladies Luncheon | Friday, January 4 at 11:30 AM
The ladies in our class will meet at Trio's Restaurant at 10709 McMullen Creek Parkway (off Hwy. 51) for a delicious lunch and sweet fellowship. Please note that this is the first Friday of the month rather than our usual second Friday. We will be celebrating January birthdays.
- Senior Adults Monthly Luncheon | Friday, January 11 at 12 PM in the CLC
Please note that this is the second Friday of the month rather than the usual first Friday. White chili soup and cornbread will be served for lunch at a cost of $3.00 per person. Our speaker will be Derek Wells, our Pastor of Young Families. Please contact Mary Newton to let her know you plan to attend so that she can have a general head count for preparing the food. Mary can be reached at (704) 847-0671 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Men's Lunch | Friday, January 18 at 11:30 AM
The men's monthly lunches are held on the third Friday of the month at Park Place Restaurant.
See below to read the most recent issues of our Senior Adults newsletter, "Between Seedtime and Harvest," with more details on the special events.