Valuable service for God does not end when a person retires. The psalmist declares, that even in old age they still bear fruit. The senior adults at Christ Covenant are committed to “reinvesting” their time, wisdom, experience, energy, talents and gifts in our younger generations cheering them on and assisting them in running the race set before them. They see growing old not as a right but a privilege allowed by God to serve a little longer in the service of their family and of their God.
“even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.” – Isaiah 46:4
The seniors ministry offers two Sunday school classes. Click here for current studies in each class.
Young Seniors - This is a community where folks of all stages and walks of life can relate to each other. The pastor for this community is Bernie Lawrence.
Senior Adults - The senior community is very active at Christ Covenant, enjoying our golden years with a zeal for serving our Lord. The pastor for this community is Bruce Creswell.
- Senior Adults Monthly Luncheon - 1st Friday of the month at noon in the Community Life Center (CLC), rooms 1 & 2. See the side calendar for dates. *Note: We will not be gathering in July or August
- Senior Ladies’ Luncheon - 2nd Friday of the month at 11:30 AM. (We will continue to meet through the summer.)
- Senior Men’s Luncheon - 3rd Friday of the month at 11:30 AM. (We will continue to meet through the summer.)
- Joy Singers meet on Mondays at 1:30 PM in the worship center prayer chapel (room 105). Joy Singers is open to any and all who would like to use their voice to praise the Lord during a Sunday evening service or by ministering to those in nursing and retirement homes. We are so privileged to have Pam Eash lead us in praise to our Heavenly Father. Note: The Joy Singers are taking the summer off and will resume their time together in September.
Monthly Event Information
- Ladies Luncheon | Friday, August 10 at 11:30AM
The Ladies' Luncheon will continue to meet through the summer at Trio's Restaurant on Pineville-Matthews Road at 10709 McMullen Creek Pkwy. Please make a special effort to join us for great food and sweet fellowship.
- Men's Lunch | Friday, August 17 at 11:30 AM
The men meet for lunch every third Friday of the month at Park Place Restaurant, 10517 Park Road, Charlotte. Come join your Christian brothers for a time of fellowship and lunch.
- Fall Fellowship Lunch (or Dinner!)
Twice a year, spring and fall, our class enjoys either lunch or dinner with a group of 6-12 classmates in someone’s home. The host provides the entrée and each guest brings a side dish to complete the meal. Please sign up for our fall gatherings (September-November, depending on the group) by contacting Lucille Ruths at email@example.com or 704-846-4074 no later than August 15. Include if you prefer lunch or dinner and if you would like to host a group. The groups will be "revealed" in class on Sunday, August 26.
- Senior Adult Fall Retreat | Tuesday, October 30 - Friday, November 2
Join us for our annual fall retreat, to be held at Bonclarken Retreat Center (500 Pine Dr., Flat Rock, NC 28731) with guest speaker Bruce Fiol. The cost ($225 per person) includes three breakfast meals, three dinner meals, and three nights lodging. Lucille and Dave Ruths will be collecting payment for the trip. The first payment ($100, due by July 29) is non-refundable. The second payment ($125, due by September 30) will be refundable up to October 7. After that date, no refund will be given. Please make checks payable to Christ Covenant Church.
See below to read the most recent issues of our Senior Adults newsletter, "Between Seedtime and Harvest," with more details on the special events.