Valuable service for God does not end when a person retires. The psalmist declares, that even in old age they still bear fruit. The senior adults at Christ Covenant are committed to “reinvesting” their time, wisdom, experience, energy, talents and gifts in our younger generations cheering them on and assisting them in running the race set before them. They see growing old not as a right but a privilege allowed by God to serve a little longer in the service of their family and of their God.
“even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.” – Isaiah 46:4
- Senior Adults Monthly Luncheon - 1st Friday of the month at noon in the Community Life Center (CLC), rooms 1 & 2. See the side calendar for dates. *Meeting SECOND FRIDAY in January
- Senior Ladies’ Luncheon - 2nd Friday of the month at 11:30 AM *Meeting FIRST FRIDAY in January
- Senior Men’s Luncheon - 3rd Friday of the month at 11:30 AM
- The Joy Singers meet every Monday from 1:30-2:30 PM in WC105. We prepare music for Sunday night services and to bless residents at nursing homes. We are blessed to have our organist, Pam Eash, as our director. Come and join us as we lift up our voices in praise to the Lord.
- Senior's "Thursday" School - Pastor Creswell’s “Thursday" School meets every Thursday in the Worship Center from 4pm-5pm. Each "Thursday" School includes announcements, hymn-singing, prayer, and teaching. Please sign up by contacting Jenny Blackmon at email@example.com or at 704-708-6104 if you plan to attend in-person. If you are not able to attend in-person, you can watch the livestream on Thursdays at 4pm or watch on Sundays on Vimeo or YouTube.
- Miss a "Thursday" School? Visit the Senior Adults Sunday School webpage to find all the class notes and class videos.
Monthly Event Information
See below to read the most recent issues of our Senior Adults newsletter, "Between Seedtime and Harvest," with more details on the special events.